COVID-19 Safety Policies
For the health and well-being of our Members and guests, LochenHeath Golf Club is putting into place new policies to combat the spread of COVID-19 while still allowing our Members and guest partake in the enjoyment of golf.
- CDC, state, and local imposed social distancing protocols must always be followed while on club property. Members and Guests must always remain six feet from each other. Cloth face masks are recommended but not required, per guidance of the state.
- Tee times are required. Please call Terry Crick for tee times in advance, 231-360-8905 cell or 231-938-9800 pro shop
- Golf carts are now permitted. ONE PERSON PER CART unless living in same household.
- The practice facilities including putting green will remain open Wednesday, May 13th.
- The Clubhouse will remain closed. However, takeout food begins Thursday, May 14th.
- Anyone needing any merchandise, curbside delivery available.
- On Course bathroom facilities will open Thursday, May 14th.
- Sanitizing will be done after each group passes by restrooms.
- There will be no rakes in the bunkers. Course rules permit placing your ball, after smoothing out the sand with your feet.
- Flags must not be touched for any reason.
- The holes will be filled with a foam insert that is just below the edge of the cup. This way you can knock the ball out of the hole with your putter to avoid this common touch point.
- There will be no water coolers available on the course.
- Do not carry anyone else’s bag, share clubs, or golf balls.
- Trash receptacles available at the end of play, all players must remove their own trash
- Staff cannot load or clean clubs at this time.
- Sand and seed bottles along with coolers will not be on golf carts.
- No tees, towels on golf carts. Scorecards can be requested at golf shop.
- All carts spaced six feet apart in staging area.
- All carts will be staged, with high touch areas sanitized. Areas to be sanitized are as follows, steering wheel, seat handles, roof handles, cup holders, seat, ball washer handle, bag straps, clips, window clasps and (inclement weather rain hood and zippers).
- When carts come back in from golf course they will be sanitized, cleaned and re-sanitized if going back out.
- Because of one rider per cart there may be times that carts are not available to be driven to range.
- No bag stands or ball buckets on the driving range, golf balls will be placed in the wooden crates on the members side.
- Golf balls washed in soap and disinfectant each time the balls are picked.
- On the chipping area we ask everyone to grab a few of their own balls to chip with around the greens and take with you when finished.